The Alphabet Book is the Fitzroy Method’s pre-reading and writing book. It teaches the basic sounds of all of the letters and is filled with pages of enjoyable games and activities.
The Alphabet Book has several pages of pre-writing exercises to help develop the fine motor skills (co-ordination) of young children.
With this work book, children:
· practise letter recognition
· learn the basic sounds of the letters,
· linking letters to images,
· making their first two-letter words,
· learn to write the letters,
· begin to get acquainted with alphabetical order.
There are many practical activities on each letter page.
After learning the letters, children are introduced to two-letter words, and write them into picture sentences.