With this first book in the Kolibri Languages’ Practical Guides series, you will discover everything you need to know to enable you to eat well and do your shopping in France.
Cultural tips, historical anecdotes, useful words and expressions, amusing idioms, quizzes and key information will help you understand the French way of life.
* Discover the polite way to cut French cheeses.
* Learn why Marseille is associated with soap.
* Find out what is the difference between a Parisian brasserie and a ‘bouchon’ in Lyon.
* Learn key vocabulary for talking about wine.
* Prepare yourself for shopping in French markets with key information.
* Know what to expect when you go into traditional French food shops.
The audio CD, included with the book, will help you with pronunciation so you will feel confident when talking with French people (click here for a MP3 sample of the CD content).
Eating and Shopping in France will help you prepare your trip and will be a unique souvenir when you return home.