The Fitzroy Maths course uses the same step-by-step principle as the Fitzroy Readers, so it gets consistently great results with all types of students.
What's more, because children can work at their own pace, they never feel rushed, stressed or bored as they progress through the levels.
The Fitzroy Maths workbooks use very little English, and are designed so that students can work on their own at their own level - coming to the teacher or assistant when stuck. These are a godsend to teachers for use with children who are slower than or faster than the rest of the class.
Each level comprises five workbooks. This Beginner Pack contains Books 1 to 5.
The Beginner Level Includes:
· Concepts of quantity, size, speed and shape
· Matching shapes, regardless of size
· Counting groups of objects up to 20
· Writing the numerals, 0 to 20
· Basic subtraction
· Writing in numerical order
· Comparing sizes, weights and capacities, etc
To make assessment and recording easier for teachers, each book also contains a Revision Sheet, a Test Sheet and a Progress Report Sheet.