The Fitzroy Word Skills work hand in hand with the Readers. Following the same systematic, step-by-step programme, they are the ideal way to ensure retention and understanding of all key concepts covered in the Readers. They are also a complete grammar course.
Word Skills 2X includes:
- multiple-choice activities
- more grammar practice
- more punctuation practice
- more comprehension questions
- more writing activities
- usual strong spelling support
- accurate vocabulary tasks
- sequencing of story plot
- more work with contractions
Because of the number of precise answers required, we recommend that teachers and parents save themselves a lot of time by also using the 11X-20X Word Skills ANSWER book.
What do the 11X-20X Readers offer?
This new level enables children to read TEN longer adventure stories assuming all and only the sounds learned to date in Readers 1-20.
Benefits of the 11X-20X Readers:
- entertaining adventure stories
- increase fluency with early words
- reinforce the vital early digraphs
- reinforce the early special words
- learn twenty-six new special words
- build reading fluency with longer stories
- comprehension tasks are based on these stories