With this Kolibri Languages Practical Guide, you will discover everything you need to know when meeting French people.
Find out what to expect if you are invited for an apéritif, a meal or a French wedding. Know when to use tu or vous and understand regional differences. Learn how to talk about the weather, everyday life and even politics and gain valuable insights into the French sense of humour.
Cultural tips, historical anecdotes, useful words and expressions, amusing idioms, quizzes and key information will help you understand the French way of life.
- Find out what to expect when you are invited for an apéritif.
- Know when to use tu and vous.
- Understand regional differences.
- Learn how to greet people in formal and informal situations.
- Discover when to faire la bise.
- Obtain tips on keeping up a conversation in French.
- Be prepared if you are invited to a French wedding.
- Gain insights into the French sense of humour.
The audio CD, included with the book, will help you with pronunciation so you will feel confident when talking with French people (click here for a MP3 sample of the CD content)
Meeting the French will help you prepare your trip and will be a unique souvenir when you return home.