The Teacher’s Guide makes teaching easy. Written in plain English, this guide book (1) explains the phonic approach and (2) presents the key components the Fitzroy Method – which is a modern and highly efficient example of the phonic approach.
The Teacher’s Guide also features over 100 pages of teacher resources which can be copied, including: lesson plans, spelling rules, spelling tests, large letter - and digraph - cards and more.
The Fitzroy Master List is one of the many teacher resources. As each Reader level is completed, this list shows exactly which sounds have been learned and which special words can be read.
Some of the contents of the Teacher’s Guide:
- Pages 7 to 12 for the key ideas of the phonic approach
- Pages 27 to 29 for introducing digraphs and sounding out
- Pages 34 to 37 for early activities to support literacy
- Page 69 for list of letter names and sounds
- Pages 78-79 for the extra sounds of the Fitzroy System
- Pages 105 to 108 for the Master List showing the order of new sounds
- Pages 109 to 122 for Lesson Plans to train children how to tackle literacy challenges
- Page 151 for the 50 most common special words
- Pages 155 to 170 for entry level tests to determine correct level for students
- Page 171 for the essential terms of the Fitzroy Method
- Page 176 showing sample sentences from each level for a quick assessment of difficulty